Inquiries regarding company information accepted via phone and e-mail.
700 Shukuorui-machi, Takasaki-shi, Gunma 370-0032, Japan
- January 1946
- Founded as Gunma Nutrition and Medicine; manufacture of glucose begun.
- September 1951
- Manufacture of phenolic resin for industrial use begun.
- June 1953
- Company name changed to Gun Ei Chemical Industry Co., Ltd.
- July 1955
- Tokyo sales office (currently a branch office) established in Nihonbashi, Chuo-ku (currently Kyobashi, Chuo-ku).
- December 1960
- Osaka sales office (currently a branch office) established in Kita-ku, Osaka City.
- April 1961
- New phenolic resin and starch/sugar plants opened in Oyagi-machi, Takasaki City.
- February 1963
- Head office moved to Oyagi-machi, Takasaki City.
- March 1964
- Nagoya sales office (branch office) established in Nakamura-ku, NagoyaCity.
- December 1971
- Gun-Ei Shoji Co., Ltd. established.
- May 1974
- Shares listed on the Second Section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
- Gun-Ei Kosan Co., Ltd. established (currently an affiliate).
- August 1976
- Takasaki branch office established.
- October 1976
- New phenolic resin plant (currently the Shiga Plant) opened in Kosei-cho, Shiga Prefecture (currently Konan City).
- October 1979
- Shares listed on the First Section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
- March 1982
- High-fructose corn syrup plant established in Sunagawa, Hokkaido.
- Nippon Kynol Incorporated established.
- April 1982
- New Kynol plant in the Takasaki Plant established; manufacture of high-performance fiber Kynol begun.
- July 1987
- Gun-Ei Borden International Resin Co., Ltd. established through joint venture with Borden of the U.S. for sale of Borden method casting system.
- October 1988
- Sunagawa high-fructose corn syrup plant closed.
- January 1989
- New starch/sugar plant (currently the Gunma Plant) opened in Shukuorui-machi, Takasaki City.
- November 1990
- Thai GCI Resitop Co., Ltd. (currently a consolidated subsidiary) established in a joint venture with Nissho Iwai Corporation, Brighton of Thailand, and other partners to manufacture and sell phenolic
resins in the Kingdom of Thailand.
- May 1992
- Head office moved to Shukuorui-machi, Takasaki City.
- March 1997
- New phenolic resin plant established within the Gunma Plant.
- October 1997
- BIG Trading Co., Ltd. established (currently a consolidated subsidiary).
- May 1998
- ISO9002 Certificate (Current：ISO9001)
- June 1999
- ISO14001 Certificate
- April 2005
- Hatori Laboratories Co., Ltd. established.
- June 2008
- Hatori Laboratories Co., Ltd. disbanded.
- September 2008
- New Kynol plant established within the Gunma Plant.
- December 2008
- Takasaki Plant (phenolic resin and Kynol plants) closed.
- April 2009
- Company merges Gun-Ei Shoji Co., Ltd., Gun-Ei Borden International Resin Co., Ltd., and Nippon Kynol Incorporated.
- March 2010
- Nagoya branch office closed.
- July 2012
- India GCI Resitop Pvt. Ltd. (currently a consolidated subsidiary) established in a joint venture with SAN-EI SILICA Co., Ltd. to manufacture and sell RCS (resin-coated sand) in the Republic of India.
- October 2013
- FSSC22000 Certificate(Manufacturing of Glucose & Starch Products)
- April 2014
- Acquired 100% ownership of TOHOKU ULOID INDUSTRY CO., LTD.